We are your trusted neighbors, colleagues, and friends, all dedicated to providing the highest level of emergency response.
The SK Union Fire District includes volunteers from every corner of our community, from each village or neighborhood in our historic town. Once, fires were fought by bucket brigades that were affiliated with various mills spread throughout the town of South Kingstown.
As our town, industries, and technology grew, so did our fire departments. Today, our District includes eight stations and stands prepared to fight fires and other emergency hazards with a well-trained volunteer force and the best-available resources and personal protection equipment. There is a Kingston Fire District that serves the village of Kingston and the University of Rhode Island.
SK Union Fire District established in 1883
Peace Dale (Station 1) – Established in 1867
Wakefield (Station 2) – Established in 1895
Forestry (Station 3) – Established in 1956
Snug Harbor (Station 5) – Established in 1952
Tower Hill (Station 6) – Established in 1962
Matunuck (Station 7) – Established in 1978
Tuckertown (Station 8) – Established in 1978
West Kingston (Station 9) – Established in 1978